An award winning photographer, Jody MacDonald is no stranger to adventure and exploration in the last untamed corners of the planet. Having spent her formative years in Saudi Arabia before sailing around the world twice over the span of a decade on kiteboarding, sailing, surfing and paragliding expeditions, she has traveled to over 90 countries in search of the unknown.
From train hopping in the Sahara to paragliding in the Himalayas at 17,000 ft she is passionate about stepping off the beaten path in pursuit of documenting issues that blend insightful storytelling, big adventure expeditions and social change inspiration in the hopes of promoting the preservation of wild places.
- 2018 UPROXX – The Best Travel Photographers to Follow on Instagram
- 2017 Men’s Journal names Jody as “One of the 25 Most Adventurous Women in the Past 25 Years”
- 2017 National Geographic lists Jody as one of Nine Female Adventure Photographers Who Push the Limits
- 2016 Red Bull Illume Category Winner
- 2015 Paragliding Photographer of the Year by the United States Paragliding Association
- 2015 PDN – The Shot photo contest Winner
- 2013 Red Bull Illume Finalist
- 2013 Exposure Award by See Me – Winner
- 2013 PDN – The Shot photo contest. Winner
- 2013 The World Open of Photography, Winner