Yohan Terraza was born in Bordeaux, France in 1980. Attracted by drawings from his childhood, he started studying at art school before becoming a graphic designer. He gradually moved away from this job in 2007 to become a wedding photographer specialising in Fine Art wedding photography.
Always attracted to the Great Outdoors and adventure, he gradually shifted his focus to crafting his own landscape photography style through studying mountains and the exploration of wild places, including Norway, Iceland, the Pacific Northwest and New-Zealand. His main influences are romantic painters such as Friedrich, Turner and atmospheric music (Dead Can Dance, Steven Wilson).
Yohan is the has received many coveted photography from high profile festivals and he regularly commits time to film direction and released his debut movie, CORE in Norway. This was followed by ET PUIS JE VOIS LE BEAU, a 20-minute film about mourning shot in a wild valley in the Spanish Pyrénées. His second film has been selected for the best short film to SMR13 Festival.
In 2019, he began a 4-year project with the Bordeaux Opera National Ballet creating a book.
- Honourable Mention - The face of the Earth / Life Framer 2021
- Finalist Landscape Category / The Independent Photographer 2021
- Second Prize Paysages Europe / Fest'Images 2016
- First Prize Mont Blanc Photo Festival 2015
- WPJA Q3 2016: 13ème catégorie "Reception"
- WPJA Q3 2016: 16ème catégorie "Reception"
- WPJA Q2 2016: 1er catégorie "Ceremony"
- WPJA Q2 2016: 7ème catégorie "Get dressed"
- Wedding Photographer Society November 2015 Award
- Wedding Photographer Society October 2015 Award